Ratan Naval Tata was born on 28 Dec. 1937. Ratan Naval Tata is a former chairman of Tata Sons, Philanthropist, and Industrialist. From the year 1990 to 2012 he was chairman of Tata Group. Also from 2016 through February 2017 as interim chairman. He is the head of his Charitable Trust.
|Ratan Tata||bio in short.|
|Full Name||Ratan Naval Tata|
|Date of Birth|
|28 December 1937
83 (as on 2020)
|Education||Harvard Business school.|
|Net worth||Approx 1 Billion ( as on 2020)|
Early Life of Ratan Tata
- Ratan Tata was Born on in Bombay.
- He is the Great Grandson of Jamsetji Tata, who is the founder of Tata Group.
- During the 1970s he endured a trial by ordeal and was able to turn Group Company National Radio and Electronics.
- He led the Tata Groups for 21 years.
- In his leadership, revenues grew over 40 times and Profit over 50 times.
- He got Tata Tea to acquire Tetley.
- Tata Motors to acquire Jaguar Land Rover.
- Tata Steel to acquire Corus.
- His Dream was that everyone should own a car so he launched Nano Car at affordable prices.
- On 28 December 2012 Ratan Tata Resigned his executive powers.
Investment of Ratan Tata
- Tata Invested in Snapdeal, leading e-commerce websites of India.
- Tea Box in 2016, an online premium Indian tea seller and cashback website, Discount Coupons,cashkaro.com
- He also made small investments in both early and late-stage companies in India such as in OLA cabs he invested 0.95 cr.
- Tata had acquired a stake in a Chinese smartphone company named “Xiaomi” in April 2015.
- He partnered with American Express in October 2015.
- He invested in an online portal Nestaway.
- Invested in Electric Vehicles.
- Tata studied in Mumbai, till 8th, at Campion School.
- In Newyork city, he Graduated from Riverdale country school in 1955.
- In 1959 from Cornell University, he received a degree in Architecture.
- He attended a seven-week Advanced Management program at the Harvard Business School in 1975.
He got Padma Vibhushan in 2008.
Padma Bhushan in 2000 these are the Highest Civilian Awards of India.
Interseting Facts of Ratan Tata
- In 1948, when Ratan Tata was 10 years old his parents Naval and sonoo separated.
- His Grand Mother raised him.
- In 1961, he joined the Company and used to work on the shop floor of Tata Steel.
- He loves dogs.
- At the tata steel, Ratan Tata did his first job, his responsibility was to manage the blast furnace and shovel limestone which he took up in the year 1961.
- He is also a skilled pilot, he is the one who loves flight and flying.
- He is the first Indian, to pilot F-16 Falcon in 2007.
- Under the leadership of Ratan Tata, Tata group revenues grew more than 40 times and profits over 50 times.
- MERCEDES-BENZ S-CLASS
- FERRARI CALIFORNIA
Ferrari California is one of the few models in India
- TATA NEXON
- LAND ROVER FREELANDER
- MASERATI QUATTROPORTE
- MERCEDES-BENZ 500 SL
- CADILLAC XLR
- MERCEDES -BENZ W124
- CHRYSLER SEBRING
He donated 1500 crores for the pandemic.