|Uday Kotak||bio in short.|
|Date of Birth|
|March 15, 1959
|Height||5.9 feet 175 Centimeter|
|Net worth||US$10.9 billion (June 2020)|
Uday Kotak Family
- Uday Kotak father is Suresh Kotak and mother Indira Kotak.
- He was born in an upper-middle-class Gujarati Lohana joint-family in Mumbai.
- There was a Business of cloths of Kotak Family in Mumbai.
- His father Suresh Kotak had returned to India from Karachi after Partition.
- In the year 1985, Uday married Pallavi Kotak.
- They have two children and they live in Mumbai
- recently they bought a new house at Worli for a whopping amount of 385 crores.
Uday Kotak Education.
- He completed his schooling in Hindi Vidya Bhavan School located in HVB Global Academy.
- B.com degree from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics at B Rd, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics also gave the students like Kumar Mangalam Birla, Ashwin Choksi he is the non-executive Chairman of Asian paint and Cris Aiyar CEO of Walmart, India.
- In 1982, at the age of 23, Uday completed his MBA studies from the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management.
Unknown Facts of Uday Kotak
- After completing the MBA he got a job offer from the top Multinational company Hindustan Unilever Limited, but he rejected there offer Because his aim was to be an entrepreneur.
- To fulfill the entrepreneur’s dreams he borrows, 30 lakhs form his family and friends.
- In 1985, he started Kotak Capital Management finance limited.
- It was a small scale finance company.
- The Kotak Capital Management finance limited, usually started there work in bill discounting.
- In 1990, he started the Auto Finance division and started to give loans to the Auto division.
- After that, he never looks back.
- In 1995, he started the Kotak securities limited.
- Looking at the interest of people in the Share market, in 1998 he incorporated AMC company.
- After the long wait finally, he gets the license from the RBI in 2003, to start the Kotak Mahindra Bank.
You would be wondering why the Mahindra name is there in Kotak Mahindra Bank?
In 1985, Anand Mahindra invested money in Uday company, at that time Uday was a beginner, even though Anand trusted him, that why he kept the name Kotak Mahindra bank.
Uday Kotak Net Worth.
- Uday Kotak’s net worth is us$10.9 billion in June 2020.
- He is the 4th richest Billionaire in Indian.
Uday Kotak HONOURS AND AWARDS
- In June 2014 he was named ‘Ernst and young world entrepreneur of the years.
- Only Indian financial to feature in money masters, the most powerful people in the Forbes magazine, US(May 2016).
- He ranks eight in India magazine and was considered in the list of most powerful people in India of 2017.
Uday Kotak Charity
- They provide lots of scholarship programs for students who are facing lots of problems in their life.
- He has donated a sum of 50 crores, to the PM care fund.
Also, the bank has separately donated,
- Rs 10 crore to the chief minister of Maharashtra.
Images of Uday
Car is not his Inspiration, Uday says.
- Uday said once that cars are not an Inspiration right now people prefer cab services.
- he said that when he was young in the early start of his career